I just posted on Twitter, “Hmm. I’m on “vacation” and yet I have just come to the conclusion that I have done enough work for today. Ponder. Discuss.”
My days are every bit as busy as they would have been if I were at AcronymCo this week – since I didn’t take a vacation from my other THREE jobs (eep), this week is more about catching up on all of my other stuff, than slouching around napping and reading and whatnot.
Not that I’m complaining (no, not really!), since I enjoy the other stuff. And, what else would I be doing with my days, anyway? I like to be productive. It keeps the depression and anxiety at bay.
Calvin is gone for the week – got called down to Tucson (I always always ALWAYS want to put the “s” before the “c”) this morning and will be there until Friday. So, on the one hand, lonely. On the other hand, looooots of “free” time on my hands to get shit done. Not that he “takes up” a lot of my time, per say – just that I’d rather be doing him than doing anything else. And all that statement implies.
I got up bright(ish) and early(ish) to get a start on things – I’ve gotta say, I’m feeling rather accomplished:
– I finally got the domain set up and “turned on” for Sandstone’s website – go check it out and let me know what you think!
– I posted the pictures from the Four Peaks Beer Event that I did the photography for back on Sunday night, and I also wrote up the Staff Bios.
– I added a bunch of e-mail addresses to Sandstone’s Google Group and sent out an update.
– I edited a handful of pictures that I took when we were just hanging out at the bar back on the 2nd. I was getting used to the lens.
– I wrote a guest post for Beyond Megapixels – my editor will submit it to another photography website. Once I know where it’s landing I’ll update you guys – it’s one I’m rather proud of.
– I wrote an entry about Scott Kelby’s latest digital photography book, which will be publishing on Beyond Megapixels tomorrow morning at 8:00 a.m. (my time).
– I took Marie’s pit bull for a walk down to the edge of the neighborhood and back.
– I watched one episode of Supernatural and two episodes of House.
– I soaked and fed worms to both of the beardies.
– I ate a salad, and also some crackers with Trader Joe’s spicy hummus dip.
Tonight, though I still feel like I should keep hammering away at all the writing I need to do, I’m going to call work “done”. I’ve got the series premier of “Stargate Universe” waiting for me on the DVR, and an episode of “Medium”. I’ve officially (after only one episode each) given up on “The Forgotten”, “Mercy”, “Trauma”, and “Flash Forward” (I actually just read the book, so now I’m all “Eh, I know what happens”). I watched the first episode of “Three Rivers” and plan to keep going with it – it made me cry, so there’s gotta be some good there. So! My TV watching schedule isn’t as insane as I originally feared it would be.
I also plan on getting caught up on everyone’s websites – sorry I’ve been quiet on the comments, lately. Still love you all to pieces!!!
Yeah, gotta clean the kitchen first, though. No rest for the wicked! (whine whine whine whine…)