101 in 1001
Editor’s Note Yeah. It’s 11/4/2010. Obviously, I didn’t accomplish what I wanted to. Eh.
The intent of the 101 in 1001 project is to compile a list of 101 things to be accomplished in 1001 days. Here is my list, and I will write an entry about each task as I accomplish it on the main page.
Beginning date: January 17, 2008
Ending date: October 14, 2010
- Personal Things
- Get back down to my fighting weight. (9.0/28.5 as of 6/30/08 )
- Take guitar lessons.
- Take a photography class.
- Get passports for me and Calvin.
- Participate in a marathon (note I didn’t specify “walk” or “run”!).
Learn how to play poker.(Done! TB taught me at Indy in August 2010.) Vote.(DONE!)
- Make a will.
See the grandbabies. (DONE)
- Read “Love in the Time of Cholera”.
Do something charitable. DONE!
- Get a mammogram.
Donate blood. (DONE)
- Walk or bike to work for a week.
Discover a new favorite band. (DONE) Fast for a day. (DONE) Miss zero work-outs in a month.DONE April/May 2010.
- Go a whole week without cursing (hah!).
Pack my breakfast and lunch for work every day for a month.DONE. Write my sister a letter.(Done 2/24/09) Go for one month without reading any books, every six months.(DONE)
- Learn quilting, then make a quilt.
- Make a cookbook out of Grandma’s recipes.
- Make or build something with my own two hands (that isn’t food).
- Plant something in the yard.
- Write a short story.
- Learn how to bake bread.
Finish mapping family tree. (DONE) Take a photo for the specific purpose of enlarging it and framing it.DONE – One of the PHL from our trip to Maine in July 2010. Create a new recipe from scratch.DONE! Buy a new bicycle.(DONE!) Buy a car.(DONE)
- Buy the boxed set of all of the seasons of Buffy.
- Purchase a freezer for the garage.
Get a new mattress for the bed, darnit.Mostly done, got a memory foam mattress topper, decided not to replace the mattress just yet.
- Have another drawing made by Ethrian.
Buy a new TV for the bedroom.(DONE)
- Buy three of my favorite children’s books.
- Travel outside of the country.
- Go hiking in Sedona.
Visit Heather in Chicago.(DONE) Go to a concert.(DONE) Go camping.(DONE)
- Go dancing.
- Have pizza on the roof.
- Go horseback riding.
Have friends over for dinner.(DONE – We had Joss over for pot roast in October ’08) Go on a “touristy” excursion in my own state.(DONE)
- Play beer pong.
- Go to the art museum.
Sip champagne in the hot tub, for no particular reason. (DONE) Plan an extravagant date with my husband. (DONE)
- Go skiing.
- Lay in the grass and find shapes in the clouds.
- Go stargazing.
- Go to a Broadway musical, play, or other such type of live performance.
- Visit Kartchner Caverns.
- Go to Luke’s for lunch.
- Take a ride or a trip on a train.
Take a road trip.(DONE) Go to a sports game (basketball, football, baseball).(DONE)
- Stay up all night.
Watch a black-and-white movie (that I’ve never seen before).(DONE) Make dinner for the Grandparents and take it to them.DONE!
- Go to the shooting range.
- Host a happy hour at our house.
- Have a neighbor over for dinner.
- Do a “weekend in pictures” entry.
Gather all of my on-line recipes into a single comprehensive recipe site.DONE!
- Finish what I started with The Lessons of Horse.
Have another mix-CD giveaway.(DONE) Do one of the Blogging bandwagony things (Holidailies, etc.).(DONE) Write every day in the blog for a month. (DONE, completed NaBloPoMo in November of ’08 ) Put up an “Of the Week” sidebar feature. (DONE, added 11/9/08) Join a collab or other such on-line organization.DONE!
- Sort through my book collection and give the unwanted ones to Jen.
- Get the filing cabinet in order.
- Shred unwanted papers.
- Organize the photos in the photo box.
Organize the bedroom closet.DONE! Get everything out from under the bed.DONE! Organize the “storage room”.(DONE)
- Pay off credit cards.
- Paint the bedroom some color other than white.
- Paint the bathroom some color other than white.
- Frame the pics of the grandbabies, Marie’s Senior pics, painting of my mother.
- Change the photo collage over the fireplace to something different.
- Change the stuff on the plant shelves to something different.
- Put three months’ salary into a savings account.
- Paint the front door.
- Max my 401k and stock contributions.
Sell my motorcycle, use funds to pay down debt.(DONE)
- Buy an indoor plant. Keep it alive.
- Get some sort of display shelf thingy for our shot glass collection.
Fix the leak in the garage.DONE! (it wasn’t interesting enough to do an entry about)
- Paint the inside of the house.
- Paint the outside of the house.
- Get the upstairs bedrooms and bathrooms in “saleable” condition.
- Replace the carpets.
- Sell the house.
- Move to Maine.